The worldwide pandemic has greatly impacted tourism and business, but how long can the wings of travelers stay unclipped. With the lockdowns getting lifted from cities, more people are flocking to tourist destinations and business districts for work or leisure.
Staying at hotels is an inevitable part of the traveler’s journey and one cannot ignore the risk or fear lurking in mind regarding COVID-19. People often feel apprehensive before choosing a hotel and they wonder – are the hotel rooms well cleaned and sanitized? What about doorknobs? How can I feel reassured?
If you are in the hotel business, you need to address these issues in the right manner and gain the trust of customers. However, simply saying that you maintain cleanliness and sanitizing after each guest is not enough. You need to show proof and as they say – ‘seeing is believing’.
Tips To Maintain Clean Standards
In response to the pandemic, the travel and tourism industry is adopting new health and safety guidelines. Every hotel needs to adhere to them in order to maintain cleanliness and sanitization concerns of the customers. Here are a few tips that you must follow:
- Use of hospital-grade disinfectants in public areas and guest rooms
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of high-touch areas
- Have at least one person in the staff trained as a hygiene manager
- Make sure hand sanitizers are easily available for guests and employees
- Distribute masks to staff, among others on duty
- Try new sanitation technology that works
- More sanitizing tools for guests – disinfecting wipes and so on
- Common furniture designed to encourage social distancing
- Delivery of extra toiletries, towels, linens or coffee
- Substitute buffet with pre-packaged breakfast items
- Personal protective equipment for hotel staff
- Hand sanitizing stations in high-traffic areas
- On-property signage and decals about social distancing guidelines
- Clear Communications from front desk to guests regarding the precautions
- Use Verify Clean Seals on high-touch items to reassure guests
Some high-end resorts and hotels also go to the extent of offering individual guest amenity cleaning kits, including hand sanitizer gel, face mask, and anti-bacterial wipes. Other health measures taken at hotels include temperature checks of the staff and guests.
Food and beverage services are also modified to meet the new guidelines of social distancing. The staff ensures there is no contact while serving food. New standards and service approaches are applied to all banquets, buffets, room service, and catering.
What Are Verified Clean Seals?
A new and effective method of reassuring your customers and helping them get rid of their fears is to invest in the Verified Clean Seals. These are tamper proof stickers that are applied between a room door and a door frame, or other crucial places to let customers know that the room has been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and well sanitized.
Keeping this in mind, some manufacturers these days are offering seals and labels that can be customized with your hotel logo. After a guest checks out, and the housekeeping staff does a thorough sanitization of the room, you just need to apply these labels to earn your customers’ faith in your business.
If you are in the hotel business, we suggest you use verified clean stickers to seal a guest room door after completing the cleaning and sanitizing tasks. This will provide a higher level of assurance to your guests that they will be staying in a clean environment.