Business security is a sector of technology that is constantly changing. With each technological innovation, a new method for keeping data, inventory, property, workers, and customers as safe as feasible emerges. One such breakthrough is an access control technology. Access control permits only certain persons into particular locations by validating someone’s identification by PIN, keycard, biometric scanner, or other means. Access control services in Hamilton may help increase security in a variety of ways. For example, your company may use access control to allow employees to enter the office building through a specific entrance or limit managers’ access to data storage rooms. Hamilton’s commercial security systems aggressively investigate solutions to prevent touch with joint surfaces, such as door handles, especially in the COVID-19 period. Many methods of access control, as you’ll see, allow for touchless entrance, which can enhance cleanliness and prevent germ spread. Consider virtual guard services in Hamilton.
Why your business can benefit from an access control system
- Control: You may quickly cancel or add access credentials for your workers as a business owner. You can perform all of this with specific systems using your smartphone.
- Increased security: You may automatically configure all of your doors to lock after business hours using an access control system. As a result, you won’t have to worry about someone forgetting to lock a door physically.
- Access to many locations: Do you have access to another institution or office building? An access control system will help management and personnel who travel from one site to another.
- Faster emergency response: You may instantly shut all access points in the case of an emergency to avoid theft or danger to staff.
- Reduced energy costs: Many access control systems may be linked to your building’s HVAC and electrical systems to automatically turn off lights or raise/lower the temperature after business hours.
- Full integration with your security system: Most access control systems integrate with your existing security system, making it easy to monitor and safeguard all elements of your organization.
Types of access control
- Basic Intercom System
Intercom systems provide two-way audio communication between users. Once audio verification is completed, visitors or workers may be permitted entry. This form of access control is straightforward to set up and utilize. However, it does necessitate the presence of an employee to listen and provide entry to anybody on the opposite side of the door. If the other end of the intercom employee can’t distinguish slightly different voices, a notification system may enable gaining illegal entry easier. This form of access control could be best matched with another type of corporate security, such as security cameras, for further confidence of who’s really at the door.
- Turnstile Readers
Another primary type of access control is turnstile readers. They’re generally waist-high, but they may also be full gates, and they allow entrance when a card or fob with the appropriate credentials is shown. While not particularly technologically advanced, turnstiles increase security by allowing only one person to pass through at a time.
- Photo identification systems
You may add a photo identification feature to your swipe cards. Photo identification adds a photo of your staff to their cards, allowing security officers to see who is requesting access. When a person’s look does not match the photo on the card, they will be unable to use it to obtain unlawful access.
In conclusion, access controls are crucial technological business advancements to ensure safe data-keeping, inventory, and property.