It is okay to be overwhelmed with the car insurance policy options available in the market. Among these never-ending choices, choosing the right car insurance plan to protect your vehicle can be a confusing decision. This is where the popular car insurance calculator tool comes to your rescue.
The car insurance calculator is available on your insurer’s website and is free to use the tool. It helps potential car insurance buyers calculate the insurance premium amount based on the details provided. In short, the tool allows you to estimate how much your desired car insurance coverage will cost. That way, you will be able to compare different car insurance plans and shortlist the affordable ones.
Why Should You Use A Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
The car insurance calculator makes the entire process transparent for the potential buyer. It makes you aware of the different components that influence your car insurance premium amount. Based on the results, you can assess these factors and choose a car insurance plan that fulfils your requirements.
How Does A Car Insurance Calculator Work?
Any car insurance calculator available online will estimate the cost of your desired car insurance plan based on the information you provide. Therefore, you must fill in the accurate information into the tool.
Below, we have mentioned a few factors that can affect your car insurance premium. Take a look!
- Type of coverage: The premium for a third party car insurance plan is cheaper compared to comprehensive coverage. However, third party car insurance only covers third-party liabilities. For extensive coverage, you need to opt for a comprehensive car insurance plan. Besides, with comprehensive insurance, you can enhance the scope of the policy with add-on covers. Considering the elaborate coverage comprehensive car insurance plan provides, the premium for these plans are expensive.
- Make and model of your car: Another thing that helps insurers determine the cost of the car insurance plan is the brand and model of the vehicle. Cars with a higher market value will have a higher premium charge and vice versa.
- Add-on covers: Any add-on cover you purchase on your comprehensive car insurance plan will add value to the overall premium of the policy. Therefore, it is wise to opt for benefits that you think will be essential.
- Your residential area: If you reside in an area that is prone to theft or natural calamities, your car insurance premiums are most likely to be higher compared to other locations.
How To Use The Car Insurance Calculator?
Just follow the steps below to estimate the cost of your desired car insurance plan using the tool.
- Visit the insurer’s official website and go to the ‘Car Insurance Calculator’ section.
- Enter the necessary details – make and model your vehicle, fuel type, registration number, etc.
- Enter personal details – Name, email ID, contact number, existing policy details (if any), etc.
- The tool calculates the estimated cost of your desired car insurance coverage and sends the quote via email or SMS.
And you’re done!