Modern living is stressful, with long working hours, irregular eating habits, and inactivity. It has resulted in a significant increase in the number of people diagnosed with lifestyle-related ailments.
Medical inflation has resulted in the rise of healthcare costs, which makes it expensive to avail of long-term treatment. Without insurance, you may have to dip into your savings and compromise on other financial goals like higher education or buying a house.
About comprehensive health insurance
A health insurance plan is not compulsory, but it is a necessity today. Although a basic plan may offer some coverage, opting for a comprehensive policy is advisable.
Such a policy offers several additional benefits apart from the ones available under a basic plan. These advantages include:
- Higher sum insured (SI) of up to INR 2 crore
- Hospitalization costs, such as room rent, operation theater expenses, medications, doctors’ fees, and much more
- Pre- and post-hospitalization benefits up to 60 and 180 days, respectively
- Daycare procedures that do not require 24-hour hospitalization
- Domiciliary treatment in case of unavailability of bed or if you cannot be moved to a hospital due to your condition
- Organ donor expenses along with transplant costs
- Second e-opinion for critical ailments through qualified and experienced international medical practitioners
- Cumulative No-Claim Bonus (NCB) of 20% up to INR 50 lakh for every claim-free year
- Reward points for staying active, which you can redeem to pay for medicines, diagnostic tests, or renewal premium of your comprehensive health insurance policy
- Tax benefits on the premium under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
How to choose the best comprehensive policy
Compared to life insurance or other kinds of general insurance plans, understanding the technical terms in a medical insurance policy may be slightly difficult. However, using the Internet, you may easily compare different policies offered by various insurers and finalize on a suitable plan.
Buying an online policy is simple, quick, and hassle-free. You may visit the insurer’s website and complete the basic details online. The documents required for an online mediclaim policy are minimal, and you may submit them via the website.
Alternatively, you may buy health coverage through online portals that aggregate multiple policies offered by insurers to provide you with the best option based on your requirements. Moreover, it is easy to compare health insurance plans via the portal to make an informed decision.
Get a comprehensive health policy and secure your family’s monetary well-being without further delay.